Friday, October 12, 2018

Coffeeneuring 2018: Season Opener at the Mall

The 2018 Coffeneuring season has started! I usually try to get an early ride in, and so I decided to ride to Hilldale Mall this morning. I generally hate going to malls, even supposedly nicer and more urban ones like Hilldale, but a new branch of Crescendo Espresso Bar had opened there a couple days ago. I'm a big fan of Crescendo and their pour-overs, and the mall was close enough to squeeze in a ride before work, while also sticking to my theme-within-a-theme: Only get coffee at shops that I haven't been to before, #coffeeoutside in new locations, or doing the "Home Coffee Shop" thing.


Distance: 9.6 km / 6 mi
Coffee: A pour-over with a light roast from Ethiopia (I think this one)
Weather: Not much above freezing. I'm not ready for that yet.
Other observations: Spotted some turkeys in Shorewood Hills; outdoor music in malls is really horrible; Crescendo staff is still pretty new to all of it; I really need a new front chainring; I look stupid wearing the coffeeneuring bandana









No comments:

Post a Comment