Saturday, May 22, 2021

SOLD: SOMA Grand Randonneur 65 f/f/hs



 Update: All sold.

Time to sell my SOMA Grand Randonneur. It has served me well, but I've parted it out and moved components to my new Crust Lightning Bolt. This has been a wonderful all-purpose bike for me: able gravel bike with space for 650x42B tires and full fenders (48 mm without fenders), long distance randoneur bike, and it also works as a front-loaded tourer. Skinny Tange Prestige tubing for a lively ride. Frame shows some signs of use (see photos), but no dents or dings. Included is frame, fork, and a Miche roller bearing headset (these supposedly improve handling on a low-trail bike like the Grand Rando). SOMA labels this a 65, but because it has an extended seat and head tube, it's more accurately described as a 61 (see geometry chart). I'm 6'5" and it fit me well, with a good amount of seat post and stem showing. 


 

Price: $350. There were multiple versions of this frameset, and this is usually described as V2: Original paint, but a somewhat less dog-legged fork bend. Takes cantilever brakes and the fork is 1" threaded. Local pickup in Madison preferred, but I can ship, with buyer paying all fees. Leave a comment on this post if you're interested or have questions.

 

 











 

2 comments: