Thursday, December 30, 2021

Race notes: ZHQ FutureWorks Crit City Race C

 Since I'm doing this Zwift racing thing somewhat regularly now, I may as well keep race notes.

I've been zwifting every day for 7 days now (stupid badge hunting...), plus a bit of outdoor riding. So when I warmed up for the race today my legs didn't feel great. The Crit City course was familiar from a previous race: Just under 2 km, starts out flat, then a short and punch climb, flat again, then downhill rollers, and flat to the finish. I was able to hang with the pack, but it took a lot. Managing the effort on the uphill and then having enough in the tank to make it to the finish was hard. And so in lap 6 I couldn't do it any more. Fortunately I was not the only one: Three other riders got dropped as well and we did a good job working together. For the final lap I got an aero boost and tried using that to create an early gap on the flat. That didn't work out, but we did catch two other riders. In the final sprint I went a bit too early and maybe in too high a gear and came in 4th of our 5-person grupetto. 21st out of 31 riders.

ZwiftPower: https://zwiftpower.com/events.php?zid=2567964# 



No comments:

Post a Comment