Sunday, November 18, 2018

Coffeeneuring 2018: Antisocial Coffee Outside

My 2018 Coffeeneuring season hasn't been going so well. Travel, lots of paid and bike advocacy work, and unseasonably cold temperatures have kept me from getting in my rides. It's the last week of the challenge, and I had only gotten three rides done.

Today, I had intended to again participate in the Madison Cranksgiving alley cat/food drive. But after several days of back-to-back social events, introvert-me needed a break from people. A fat bike ride on the Badger State Trail and #coffeeoutside seemed like the perfect no-people activity. It below freezing but sunny.

The trail was a mix of snow, ice, and dry patches so that I was happy to have chosen my Pugsley. Coffee spot was a nondescript location just off the trail near Belleville. On the menu was Lion Gold Roast that a colleague had brought back from a Hawaiian vacation, prepared in the Moka Express over my alcohol stove.






Distance: 43 km
State of mind: Reinvigorated
Notes: I don't like drinking fresh coffee out of my thermos; should bring regular mug next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment