Saturday, February 12, 2011

Great Sigma Customer Service

In the previous post I mentioned that I lost my Sigma BC1606L bike computer. I had always been very satisfied with the computer and replacing it with another model would have been rather costly when adding the price of an extra mount and cadence sensor for my second bike. Getting a replacement, however, appeared to be difficult: The 06-series has been out of production for quite some time now and thus I sent the (German) Sigma customer service an e-mail, asking if they could tell me where to get a replacement. Within a few days, the US distributor Sigma sent me an e-mail and offered to send me a replacement -- free of charge! This was a very pleasant surprise. The computer wasn't terribly expensive in the first place, but this is nonetheless great customer service. If I ever do replace my computer it will most likely be another Sigma.

1 comment: